2024 Polar Plunge Dates
*Check back later in the year for updates regarding your local plunge.
The Polar Plunge is an annual event that challenges participants to show support for Special Olympics Nebraska by plunging into a lake...in the dead of winter.
Those brrr-ave enough to run into the icy waters raise money by collecting pledges from family, friends and coworkers. Plungers are encouraged to form teams, dress in costume and share their experience by using hashtag #BeBoldGetCold. Prizes are awarded for creativity and fundraising. All proceeds from the Polar Plunges go to support the amazing athletes of Special Olympics Nebraska.
Are you ready to be Freezin' for a Reason?
How to Plunge
- Pick your plunge location
- Read through our Plunge Resources below for help on all things Plunge!
- Set your fundraising goal—be sure to check out our incentives for each fundraising level
- Set up your online giving site using our new platform, Classy (create page using your plunge location)
- If you are forming a plunge team, start recruiting your teammates!
- All of the money you raise goes directly to Special Olympics Nebraska
- Donations can be made online, or by cash or check onsite
- Ask your family, friends and coworkers to make a donation and support your cause
- Use social media, and hashtag #BeBoldGetCold, to raise awareness and ask your followers to donate
- When you arrive at the plunge, stop at registration to check in and turn in any cash or check donations, and to learn your plunge time
- TAKE THE POLAR PLUNGE!
- Change out of your wet clothes in one of our changing tents
- Join us for the post-plunge party to collect your incentives and warm up with some free food. Prizes will be announced during the post-plunge party.
HELP WITH CLASSY
Having trouble with your Classy donation page, account or donation?
Submit a Support Ticket: Classy Support
HELP WITH INCENTIVE REDEMPTION
After the post-plunge party, if you have trouble logging into incentive redemption or have questions about redemption, please contact:
Email: Incentive Support
Have questions about the plunge not regarding Classy or incentive redemption?
Email: Polar Plunge Support