So You're Thinking About Doing the Polar Plunge...
We’re happy you want to support Special Olympics through this unique fundraiser. Jumping into frigid water in winter isn’t something people do every day, so here are some tips for your first plunge experience.
Steps to taking the Polar Plunge
1. Register online at http://www.firstgiving.com/sone
2. Start a team and ask other people to Plunge with you, or join a team.
3. Collect donations for Special Olympics. You can accept cash or checks written to "Special Olympics Nebraska." You also can receive credit card donations using your Polar Plunge Web page.
4. At the Plunge you must turn in any offline pledges you receive and bring a print out of your online giving page.
5. After you’ve checked in the day of the Plunge, change into your Plunging clothes or costume and wait your turn to Plunge, or it may be even easier to come in your costume…then you only have to change once.
6. Take the Plunge!
7. Rush to warm changing area.
8. Change into warm, dry clothes.
9. Head to the post-plunge party for food, incentives prizes and fun!