SpartanNash Healthy Athlete of the Year is Jason Gieschen!
Kelli Bello on 04/22/2016
SpartanNash’s 2016 Nebraska Healthy Athlete of the Year, Jason Gieschen, will be visiting SpartanNash stores to sign autographs, talk with media and meet customers.
The “SpartanNash Healthy Athlete of the Year” exemplifies a healthy lifestyle and the Special Olympics Oath—“Let me win, but if I cannot win, let me be brave in the attempt.”
These athletes must strive for wellness, a balance of the mind, body and spirit. They should eat a well-balanced diet and dedicate time to exercise outside Special Olympics training and competitions. Athletes from around the state were nominated.
The 2016 SpartanNash Nebraska Healthy Athlete is Jason Gieschen. He will be featured on the packaging of bottles of Our Family® brand water, which will appear on store shelves throughout over 40 states.
Jason will appear at the following stores to sign autographs, talk with media and meet customers:
• Friday, April 29, 3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. – Family Fare, 1221 S 203rd Street, Omaha, NE
• Saturday, April 30, 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. – No Frills, 2400 West 8th Avenue, Plattsmouth, NE
• Sunday, May 1, 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. – Bag 'N Save, 14444 W Center Rd, Omaha, NE
• Friday, May 6, 3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. – Sun Mart, 1921 West A Street, North Platte, NE
• Sunday, May 8, 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. – Sun Mart, 303 West 1 Street, Ogallala, NE
While at the stores, Jason will be autographing personalized trading cards created by SpartanNash, which contain information about his personal and athletic achievements.
SpartanNash (SPTN) is a Fortune 400 company and the largest food distributor serving U.S. military commissaries and exchanges in the world, in terms of revenue. The Company's core businesses include distributing food to military commissaries and exchanges and independent and corporate-owned retail stores located in 46 states and the District of Columbia, Europe, Cuba, Puerto Rico, Bahrain and Egypt. SpartanNash currently operates 160 supermarkets, primarily under the banners of Family Fare Supermarkets, Family Fresh Markets, D&W Fresh Markets, Econofoods, and SunMart.