How to Create a Firstgiving Page
The instructions below will walk you through the process of creating an online giving page that you can email out to potential pledgers.
1. On the right-hand side of the screen select you the plunge in which you’d like to participate
2. Click on the green “Register” button
3. Select the number of Plungers and select “Register” (note, if you are registering more than one person, you will need a unique email address for each one)
4. For first time users, answer the registration questions and click NEXT. If you’ve used FirstGiving in previous years, log in with your email/password.
5. If you’re a team member – search for and join your team. If you're creating a new team - select "Would you like to start a new team?" If you are plunging as an individual, select "I don't want to join a team." Select NEXT.
6. Set up your Page – select a photo, post a message and set a fundraising goal. If you'd like to make a donation to your personal page, you may do so here (this is not required). Select NEXT.
7. Select SUBMIT.
You’ve now registered and you have a fundraising page! Click on the link at the top to see your page.(You have a personal page for you, and there is also a page for your team.)
You will be able to edit your page at any time, check it for donations and you can email the site’s URL to your friends and family if you wish so they can donate directly to your page.
Stuck on a part of the Polar Plunge registration process? Find the answers to the most frequently asked questions, such as:
Can I use my page from last year’s plunge for this year?
How do I set up a team on Firstgiving?
How do I merge my (already created) page with a team?
Can I transfer my page to a different city?
Click on the link below to be directed to the answers to these popular questions plus many more, video tutorials also available.
NOTE: The First Giving website is great for collecting online donations, you can easily solicit donations from any of your friends and family no matter where they live, but we do also accept offline donations. If you or any team members receive cash or checks from pledgers they can be turned in when you check in at the plunge.