Looking for Some "Cool" Fundraising Ideas?
Look no further! Try out these tips and strategies to secure your Polar Plunge pledges
1. By far, the fastest and easiest way to raise money is through your free online fundraising page. Go to http://www.firstgiving.com/sone to create your page, then send an e-mail to your list of contacts with a link to your page so your friends and family can donate directly online.
2. Set a goal; then reach it in manageable steps. Here’s an easy way to raise $200:
3. Encourage people to ask their companies for matching gift forms. Many donors are not aware this is an option. Matching gifts can double (or even triple) the original donation amount.
4. If you have a Facebook profile, promote your efforts through your Facebook cause.
5. If you’re on Twitter, tweet a message to your friends! Challenge them to join you or support you.
6. Set up your e-mail signature with a link to your online fundraising page. Include this
7. If you didn't receive an answer the first time you asked, ask again! Sometimes people mean to donate, but they don't get around to it. Friendly reminder e-mails, progress updates, etc. help to nudge the process along.
8. Get creative and have fun!